Blog – Latest Entries
THE TOOLKITS ACCOMPANYING THE INTERNATIONAL FRAMEWORK ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
You can download your copies here:
More languages: NEW! Polish
DOWNLOAD THE TOOLKITS FLYER HERE!
The second and final Global Assembly of the Open Forum, June 2011, Siem Reap, Cambodia, agreed the International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness in its final form.
A statement from global civil society on its distinct role in development, the International Framework received official acknowledgement also from governments and donors in the Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation, December 2011, Busan, South Korea.
The International Framework is now supplemented by two guidance documents to support context-specific implementation and advocacy by civil society organizations (CSOs) worldwide:
- The Implementation Toolkit provides guidance and concrete examples on the guidelines, mechanisms and indicators that CSOs might use to put the Istanbul Principles for CSO Development Effectiveness (International Framework Section II) into practice in their local realities.
- The Advocacy Toolkit provides tips and advice from fellow CSOs on advocating for a more favorable context for civil society in their own country or region and complements recommendations on minimum standards for an enabling environment for CSOs (International Framework Section IV).
The Implementation and Advocacy Toolkits accompanying the International Framework for CSO Development Effectiveness will be instrumental to bring CSO mutual conclusions and commitments to life and realize civil society’s vision of development. We invite you to use and disseminate them widely.
Some CSOs are already putting them into practice:
- Selected Examples from CSOs who are implementing the Istanbul Principles in their work
- Enabling environment advocacy Case Studies
|- See what some civil society representatives are saying about Implemenation of the Istanbul Principles:||- See what some civil society representatives are saying about Enabling Environment:|
SHARE YOUR SUCCESSES!
Tell us how you have used the Tookits to affect change or initiate dialogue in your work! Write to us at info cso-effectiveness.org to share your success and challenges with peer CSOs around the world!
- Twitter: #IstanbulPrinciples and #EnablingEnvironment - we invite all CSOs to use these hash tags to share your own thoughts, stories and tips on implementation and advocacy of the International Framework
- YouTube: Why not do a video on how you use the Istanbul Principles and/or advocate for more enabling conditions for CSOs? It can be a video diary, footage of a seminar, or even an animated cartoon!
- Facebook: join us on http://www.facebook.com/CSOeffectiveness
- Open Forum blog: share your own story with the world!